The Control card is a prepaid Mastercard that can help you stay up to date on all of your spending. It is a secure way for your loved ones to have access to money, as well, making it a good option for students.
To sign up for a Control card, you do not need to go through a credit check process. It has not overdraft fees, no interest rates or late fees, and you do not have to worry about paying bills every month. To activate your card or to purchase one online, you can visit www.mycontrolcard.com/activate.
- For those people who have a card already, all you need to do to activate it is to input the card’s number on the provided box. Be sure not to input any dashes or spaces.
- Through the page you can see the ways in which you can load your card, which include direct deposit, transferring money from an account, or loading the card at one of the Control card locations available everywhere nationwide.
- If you need to open an account, you can do so by providing the company with your full name, date of birth, address, email address, and select which one of the options provided by a drop-down menu you would prefer to receive faster as direct deposit. You can then order your card. With the direct deposit option, you can get paid up to 2 days faster.
- You will then be asked to provide a username and a password. If you already have an account, you can log in by inputting your username and password.
- If you do not remember your username, the site will ask for your card’s number and the security code on the back. This is easy to find, but if you have problems, the site has a diagram that can help. If you do not remember your password, you can provide the site with the username and they will send you a link through which you can reset your password safely.
The site is very simple to use and it has a great Help section you can turn to if you need assistance registering or learning more about your card. The online portal is secure at all times, something that you can check by looking for the padlock symbol on your browser.
If you want to activate your card or register an account, go to www.mycontrolcard.com/activate.